Friday 20 January 2012

Farewell Wendy Veechi

It's time to say farewell to Wendy Veechi's stamps and hello to a new set of stamps that arrived this morning from "Creative Expressions". So I am going to show you my last piece using "Wendy's stamps", having said that I can tell you that I have loved using these stamps and I am sure that I will find plenty of opportunities to use them in the future.

I fancied having a play with glassine paper but I haven't got round to ordering any yet..so I decided to experiment with greaseproof paper out of my kitchen draw instead. I can report that greaseproof paper doesn't react like glassine paper, but it does make some lovely vintage looking roses!






I stamped the lacy background onto greaseproof paper using versafine olympia green. I tried to heat set it with my heat gun, but it didn't want to play ball. So I placed a piece of paper over the top and then ironed over the top. This gave a surprisingly good image on the paper (reversed of course), and looking at it I decided that this would make a good background layer for my card. Ironing solved the problem with the heat setting on the greaseproof paper so I cut out several layers using the Spellbinders rose creations dies.

One of my matted background layers was the previously mentioned "scrap" from the ironing experiment, another of my layers was stamped and heat embossed with clear ep before being sponged with aged mahogany distress ink...(not sure what was going on, but for some reason my aged mahogany came out green? don't ask, I think my craft mat had green ink on it that I couldn't see. This is a card that evolved in every way....ie things didn't come together as expected and some happy accidents worked out rather well.

Once the card was stitched and assembled I sprayed the whole thing with gold mica powder. Overall effect was very green, gold and shimmery.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

"Crop Stop - Distressed, vintage or shabby chic"

"Delightful Challenges - distressed vintage"

"Inky Impressions - Any shape but square"

"Going grey with scrap creations - Die Cuts"

"The Stamping boutique - Die Cuts"

"Stamp and Create - Anything goes"

"Artistic Stamper - Vintage"

"Emerald Faerie Garden - Green and Gold/yellow"

24 comments:

Vicki said...

Beautiful! Love your color combo and details. The flower is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Vintage Challenge.

April said...

I really love the vintage/distressed look of this card. Beautiful!! Thanks for joining Inky Impressions!

Anonymous said...

I also use greaseproof paper and really like working with it but never tried glassine so cannot compare.
Such a beautiful card in the most lovely colours.
Wishes
Lynne

Joey said...

Gorgeous card, I really like the colours on this, thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

Melissa said...

This is so pretty! The soft colors go so well with the vintage look!! Thanks for playing along over at The Stamping Boutique! :)

downrightcrafty said...

Great take on the theme and beautiful creation, thank you for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some candy if you are interested :)

Punkydoodle Papers said...

I love those flowers! What a beautiful vintage look! Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions! Hope to see you back next week!

hazel said...

I love this Sue - the colours and the flowers are beautiful.
xxx Hazel.

Shan said...

Beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining us for our “Shape It Up” Challenge over at Inky Impressions Challenges. I hope you have a wonderful week and good luck.

Hugs
Shannin

CropStop said...

The color combo is phenomenal! Thank you for joining in the fun at www.CropStop.com

Peggy said...

This is such a pretty card. Great job. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Janet Baldwin said...

Loving what you are doing with this vintage look Sue. Isn't it amazing what you can come up with when you are trying things out - like using the greaseproof paper!
Gorgeous x x

Angel-23 said...

This is beautiful, love how you have created the vintage look, those flowers are amazing.
Thank you for joining us at delightful challenges.
Hugs Rachael DT member for delightful challenges.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just gorgeous, I love those flowers!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous card, I love that shade of green
Lindsay xx

Suzi Mac said...

Wonderful card and a great take on our colour theme. Thank you for joining us at Emerald Faeries Garden. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi (DT) xx

Lesley Edmonds said...

Just love the soft colours of this card Sue and that flower is wonderful1 x

Tanya said...

Simply BEAUTIFUL! great colors :) thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions thIS WEEK!

Sharon Basel said...

This is a gorgeous vintage card. I love the distressing and the layout of your card. A beautiful sentiment too. Thanks for joining the Inky Impressions challenge this week. I hope to see you back again soon.
Sharon, II-DT

Unknown said...

wow this is stunning, what a beautiful card. Thanks for playing at Inky impressions xx

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous card, and one of my favourite images. Great flowers, I will give the greaseproof paper a try.
Just browsed through your blog, some lovely projects. I am now your latest follower.
Avril

Elizabeth said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique.

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Wonderful design. I love the flowers :) Good job :) Great vintage/distressed theme that fits perfectly with our Delightful Challenge. I totally hope you join us this week with the next challenge :) Good luck.
Hugs
Lisa Walsh
(Dreamtime Designs)

P.S I have blog candy if you're interested.
http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com

Rosie said...

Love your vintage card Sue....amazing and beautiful! Thank you for joining in our CropStop Challenge. Hugs, Rosie