Saturday 20 August 2011

O is for only 3 embellishments


Hi,

Just seen that the new "Alphabet Challenge" is O is for only 3 embellishments. I initially read this wrong....I was trying to read of my ipad (recent birthday pressie from my hubby) screen in the sunshine yesterday and thought that the challenge was zero or 3 embellishments..Today it is raining on the edge of Dartmoor so I can actually read my computer screen....a change of plan was needed....

I was going to show you my next Ethel and Murray creation with no embellishments..ho hum will have to find another challenge for that one.

In the mean time I can share a card using a digital download from Charmed Crafts. My 3 embellishments are 2 flowers and one ribbon. The flowers were made using Tim Holtz tattered florals die and handmade paper from Ikea. A bit like the string in the last post I haven't been able to get any more of this paper, but it does make the most beautiful flower embellishments...basically I cut loads of layers...screw them up and then sponge distress inks over them...in this case I have used Victorian Velvet Distress ink. The image has been stamped in Black Soot and coloured using copic markers. The background was stamped using my dotty stamp and sponged in Spun Sugar. The background papers are from a V&A set from Papermania, I think.

Other equipment used....Spellbinders dies...Martha Stewart Punch....SU punch....

The other day Zoe told me about a blog that has a summary of loads of Challenges called "Feline Playful" I've just been over there to check it out and realised that I can enter my card into four more challenges....so here we go.....

Fussy and Fancy - "3 or more of your favourite embellishments" , these flowers and gingham ribbons are my fave embellishments at the moment!

Crafty Ann's - "Scallops and or Fancy Borders", think my Martha Stewart punches get me in on this one....

Card Makin' Mamas - "Pink" - This card is predominantly pink...

Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - "Pink and Brown" ...pink already mentioned...brown gingham ribbon and brown glittery brads as the flower centres.

Thanks for looking.....off to look for some challenges to enter my next Ethel and Murray card for "Creative Expressions"







9 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Hope you are getting some good weather and a good rest! Knew you would find Feline Playful useful, my turn to update the challenge's today that is always fun. Have a great time XOXO Zoe

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Sue
A gorgeous card fabulous flower's thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Sue, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Great card, I'm glad that Feline Playful helped you to find us - thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card, thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge this time, hope to see you again xx

rudlis said...

Wow what a great card.
Thanks for playing at Alphabet Challenge.

Irena

Carol said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time and I hope we see you again soon. Carol DT x

Sheryl said...

Hi Sue! This is such a great card! I love your beautiful lush flowers! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!
Hugs, Sheryl

Mel X said...

This is lovely, fab colouring.

Thanks for joining us time at Fussy and Fancy. Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you again soon.

Mel X