Friday 3 December 2010

F is for Foliage!


This week's challenge over on the alphabet challenge is F is for Foliage. I made this card using Bloom & Grow papers from My Mind's Eye. The stamp is from Lili of the Valley, stamped in distress ink, coloured with copics and then distressed around the edges with distress inks. I used glossy accents on the roses and apple to give a bit of dimension.

The larger flowers were made by punching out 2 large flowers, 2 medium flowers and one small flower (2 medium and 1 small for the smaller flowers). I snipped into each flower to form the petals and then I used an embossing tool to curl the petals. The flowers were then stuck together and a dab of glossy accents was used to form the flower centres with gold accent beads.


Now for the important bit, the foliage....My foliage was die cut from one of the designer papers in the pack. I've been putting glossy accents onto small parts of my stamped images for a while now and I really like the enamelled look that it gives so it was just an extension of this idea to cover the leaves in glossy accents. I'm really pleased with how this looks, note to self...need to get some more glossy accents!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card - love those flowers & the foliage with the glossy accents is great. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

made by fifi said...

love the image - fab card - thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x