Wednesday 19 May 2010

Meet Peggy!


Hi, I just thought that I would share what I was up to last night.


As you will know from my last post Zoe gave me a peg to decorate.....so that is what I got up to last night. It was the perfect excuse to open some Clearly Impressed stamps that I bought at the Stamp Attic on Saturday. I've been thinking about making some art dolls and the Botanical Illustration set seemed like the perfect place to start.


One of the stamps in the set seemed to be the perfect size for the peg so I stamped it out in Stazon onto white card and onto white tissue paper. I watercoloured the skin, wings, bodice and flowers with pearlised watercolours from the works. When this was dry I cut out the tissue paper face, shoulders and bust and used modge podge to stick them onto the head of the peg. I then cut out the tissue paper wings, sandwiched them between two layers of fantasy film, ironed and then trimmed. (I didn't want to risk stamping and ironing direct onto my nice new stamp as it isn't rubber!). I cut out the bodice, arms and garland from the card image and left these on one side.


Using the bodice I worked out where Peggy's skirt would start and then stuck white feathers around the peg to form her underskirt....then I stuck lavender skeleton leaves on top of the feathers to make her over skirt. I used a tiny piece of lace on top of this to neaten it off. Once this was done I stuck the bodice onto the front of the peg and the wings onto the back. Some flower soft and glitter finished the Peggy's garland, hair and dress. I added some more feathers at the back to give her a really floaty look.


As those of you who came to Wantage will know, I do not have my own dedicated craft space so all crafting tends to take place on the kitchen counter. When I had finished Peggie I sat her on top of the Modge Podge bottle to dry. It was only then that I saw that she made quite a funny picture infront of the rice snaps packet my husband had left out on the counter:) Looks like Peggie is about to become a tasty snack!

I hope Zoe likes her....I think that I might just have to make a few more for our Christmas tree!

2 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Stunning just love everything about her, especially the feathers! Great picture in front of breakfast is she magically tidying your craft things away ready for breakfast?

Janet Baldwin said...

Love Peggy. You have done a great job with that one Sue. She is gorgeous. I can't wait to get home to start on mine now.