Saturday 27 February 2010

A Little Bit of Red



Where did this week go?! I didn't think that I had achieved much this week, but having just sat down to edit the photos of all the little crafty projects that I have done this week, I've realised that I have done more that I thought! Trouble was, as fast as I made things they were going out the door, hence the feeling that I hadn't got much done! February is always a manic month for Birthdays in our family and amongst our friends, however with a few recent arrivals in the last few years March is rapidly catching up....I turned over the calender page to March on Friday just to check what was coming up only to see that there are 7 birthdays in the first week and that doesn't count the two that fall on 29th Feb. Now got most of them covered thank goodness one of which will fit rather nicely in Linda's Alphabet Challenge which is R for Red.

This card is for my mother-in-law's partner, who keeps bees as a hobby...so he is into anything bee related...hence a bee card...Last year's card was one of my very first blog posts, but I had completely forgotten that I needed to make the card this week so I hadn't planned anything...normally I have this one planned way in advance....so I just had to go with what I had...namely Penny Black stamps again. The bees are coloured with Copic markers and the diecut circles and flowers were coloured using Distress Inks. All in all a quick, cheery, bright, simple card, just what I needed! I hope he likes it!
One of the things I have tried for the first time this week is digital downloads...I'm still not sure about the concept though...I really would prefer to have a real stamp I think...I'm not going to share what I did with the download just yet, but I was really pleased with how it came out....so watch this space.
Sue
x

4 comments:

Carol said...

Great card - know how you feel I'm soo behind with card making!!

Can't wait to see your digi creation!

librariane said...

It's very cheery and clever~I need to remember to get out my bee stamps and use them for spring and summer themed cards.

Lesley said...

Fab card Sue, I love the little bees! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Linda said...

Lovely as ever Sue, I'm sure he'll be thrilled with it. I'll add my thanks to Lesley's :)