Tuesday 1 December 2009

Get In Step!


Hi there fellow crafters. It's my turn this week to set the Tanda Teaser and I thought we could do something fun this week. On my blog hopping sorties I have noticed lots of step cards and side step cards recently! So I thought it would be fun to challenge everyone to make a step card of some description this week.

For those of you who haven't made one before they are quite simple to make....here's a little calculation and diagram to help you......



Please click on the diagram to see it more clearly.
















For my step card I used papers from the Artylicious Season's Greetings CD rom. I ran a square piece of heavy duty acetate through my Wizard in the snowflakes cuttlebug folder to make the background. I stamped 4 Klimt swirly trees onto dark grey card and then embossed them in silver embossing powder, these were then painted with interference paints. While these were drying I stamped the Klimt border across the horizontal steps and embossed them with silver embossing powder. Once dry the trees were cut out and attached as shown in the photo.



Side step cards are also fun to do...see my instructions here....again using a 27cm piece of card. To get the best results with this type of card, I would recommend using a craft knife to score the card and to cut out the side step.

If you keep checking www.craftstamperblogspot, you should see a side step card that I've made in the next week or so....

I hope you find time to join in with our Teaser this week!

Bye for now and enjoy!
Sue
x

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Hi Sue
This is too spooky for words I just finished one yesterday - Are we telepathic?
Beautiful card I love these colours
have entered the challenage.

Maggie