Wednesday 4 November 2009

Metallize!


This week it was my turn to set the Tanda Teaser and so I decided that as so many of my forum friends had been playing with TSS recently it was high time that I opened my tools and metal and had a go myself. Hubby's birthday was also a bit of an incentive to make another mini card (his first car was a red mini with white stripes) and I thought that the acrylic paint and precious metal paint that I bought at Artisan would be perfect for the job.

First I stamped Linda Luckin's mini in black stazon onto my TSS metal. I then used quite a sharp tool to trace the outline so that I could see the image from the reverse. I then turned the metal over and used the tools to puff out the image so that it really popped. When this was done I turned it back to the right side and then debossed the floor so that it would co-ordinate with the grey pearlised card used to mount the image. I used one of the embossing wheels to frame the image and then out came the paints. First I painted around the mini in black acrylic and then I wiped it away so that some of the black was left behind. Then I painted the bodywork of the mini with crimson precious metal colour. Not having any special tape to attach my metal to the card I used 4 brads instead, matting and layering with red pearlised card and the metal sheet effect grey pearlised card.

I hope that you find time to join in with our challenge over on the Tanda Blog and Wendy and I look forward to seeing your artwork over the next week.

Sue
x

1 comment:

Carol said...

Great card Sue I hope DH was thrilled!

TC