Tuesday 22 September 2009

Tanda Teaser 117 - "Text It!"


Another week has gone by and it's my turn to set the Tanda Teaser this week...so I've gone for something a bit hip....my daughter is really into texting her mates and book text seems to be pretty big in card making atm...so the Tanda teaser this week is "Text It!" I saw a really great tutorial over on splitcoasters ,over here,

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/results/7a7c6a8c87d3843c6d5e11bf6ea8fcf7/


This gave me the inspiration for my card....

For my card I stamped the text stamp from Tanda Valentine set 1 repeatedly in black stazon on text and graphics card from Staples (I still cannot bring myself to rip up actual books!). This was then covered with a couple of layers of gesso and allowed to dry. Once dry I stamped Jane Daffern's romance stamp in versamark and heat embossed with clear ep. I swiped yellow and lilac colour box chalk inks over the image and then removed the clear ep using copier paper and a hot iron. I cut the image out and matted it, using tiny lilac heart shaped brads, with gold card and a layer of acetate over the top..the acetate gives the card a professional finish and works really well with this technique. The finished card is an anniversary card for DH....It's our anniversary on Thursday..so I hope he's not reading my blog!!!

Whilst, to keep things simple, the challenge is to use text (not just a sentiment) on your card...I hope you try out this technique as it is really fun to do!

Have fun!
Sue
x

2 comments:

Lesley Edmonds said...

This is so pretty Sue. Not sure if I'll have time this week to do mine as Burn's decided to come down for the weekend LOL!
Lesley x

Hazel said...

I love this - it's a wonderful idea. Will try and do something for the Teaser if I have a chance this week x