Tuesday 14 July 2009

Tanda Teaser, There Be Dragons!



This week's Tanda teaser is to make a card with a magical theme....This week sees the launch of the new Harry Potter film so I thought that this might be a good week for dragons, unicorns, wizards, and all things magical. Today also sees one of my nephew's 4th Birthday so I thought that this would be the perfect card for him! Happy Birthday Ollie by the way!

For my card I've used the large dragon from the Tanda Dragons and Fantasy set 4 and the knight from the Tanda Medieval Knights set 1.




I had the idea for this card back when Wendy set the Z fold card challenge and thought that the large dragon would work really well across two panels of the Z fold card. I made a little template for the ramparts to form the top of the card. The mortar between the stones is sakura pen. The Dragon was stamped in versamark and heat embossed in gold ep before being painted in interference paints. To give the castle the appearance of being a little neglected I stamped some tiny vines (Sir Stamp-a-lot) and heat embossed them with green interference ep. The knight was stamped onto white card with a black ancient page ink pad and a colour wash was then added.

Hope you find time to join in with the teaser....I told you to keep you dragons stoked Zoe!

Enjoy
Sue
x

1 comment:

Zoechaos said...

Great card your nephew will love it. will pop my reply onto the Tanda blog when its done - Big Smile goes here