Tuesday 30 June 2009

Iconic Images


This week, for the Tanda Teaser, I thought I would invite you all to use an image that you think of as being iconic. For my card I chose to use Andy Warhol as my inspiration. My little piece of "pop art" was created using black impress and a stamp from Tanda's Retro Ladies set 2. The faces were then coloured using copic markers.








I think that this second card also qualifies for this challenge as I think that the girl is Marilyn, don't quote me on that though, I could be wrong! The stamp is from a set of stamps that was featured in Craft Stamper a while ago, I think it was called Glamour Girls. I stamped the central image on watercolour paper in black stazon, this was then coloured with watercolours, cut out and coated with diamond glaze. The base image was created by stamping and masking the girl 3 times so that the images overlapped. With the masks still in place I sponged grey colourbox chalk ink on the bottom of the card so that the girls had something to sit on and the top half was coloured with a beige colourbox chalk ink. The border stamps, from Clarity, were stamped in black stazon to give the effect of a film strip, then the edges were stamped with field of sky from Judikins in grey stazone. The central girl was positioned with sticky pads. To finish off the image was matted and layered with hammered silver card onto a pearlized grey card. The ribbon and the bling gave the card the finishing touch.

I hope you enjoy the challenge
Sue
x

2 comments:

Aquarius said...

Oh dear - this one is going to make my brain hurt, especially as the weather is so hot!!

Meikoningin said...

Very inspiring examples you have made ! Love the "classic" icons :)